Monday, September 22, 2014

Spiritual Wickedness: Part II

A Voodoo doll

Many years ago before I became a Christian, I inadvertently stumbled into the occult and subsequently became acquainted with the demonic.

How? As a prank, I purchased a voodoo doll from a friend who was selling them as novelties. The doll's purpose was to offer someone an object that they could use to vent their anger against an enemy.

The doll was promoted as harmless fun. It came with instructions, a set of stickpins and a curse to be recited against the person the doll was designated to represent. 

The doll's instructions mandated that in order to punish the person of your frustrations, you needed to acquire one of their personal items such as a comb or a strand of hair and then pin it to the doll while reciting the curse.

I didn't take the doll seriously until the person who I selected began complaining of sharp pains in the area of the doll where I stuck the pins. Since that person was completely unaware of what I had done, I realized that the doll had power. 

This was no toy--it actually had the power to hurt someone. And it scared me so badly that I threw the doll away. I began to realize that ghosts and demons weren't fictional creatures; they were real spiritual beings that possessed power. However, at the time, I didn't realize that they were fallen angels serving the devil. 

Later, when I became a born-again believer in Jesus Christ, I repented of what I had done. Though some would argue that I acted in ignorance--and indeed I did at the time--ignorance provides no excuse for sin. Those who willingly or unwillingly get involved in the occult will be punished--and severely. You can count on that.

And so, my advice to everyone is this: Think very carefully before you get involved in something mystical that's promoted as harmless fun. It isn't. The occult opens the door to Satan and his demons, and if you give them the opportunity, they will invade your life and make things extremely difficult for you.

Some of the prime spiritual door-openers are the Ouija board, hallucinogenic drugs and eastern religious practices such as creative visualization and transcendental meditation. Other door openers to Satan include seeking spiritual counsel from horoscopes, mediums, psychics, fortune tellers and shamans.

I mention this because we're coming up on the demonic holiday of Halloween where occultism will be promoted and practiced--even by many biblically illiterate Christians.

What does God's word in the Bible say about those who practice the occult? It says this: "I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people." (Leviticus 20:6) 

And it says this: "Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord..." (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)

If you've been involved in any occult practice, then you're under a curse. You may not see the results at the moment, but eventually you will. 

And unless you confess that sin to Jesus Christ and become born again into eternal life by faith in his death on Calvary's cross for your sins, that curse is going to take you to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment